Monday, May 4, 2009

Twilight Series

Okay, I must admit, I'm one of the million people that have become addicted to reading the Twilight series. Not because I'm in love of the plot or the characters, and I actually can't explain why I've decided to read all four books. The only time I enjoy reading the book is when the storyline is between Bella and Jacob, and the rest of the time I am completely irritated with the continuing saga. My hubby asks me why I put myself in these situations, really, it's because I kept hoping that the story would have my happy ending--Bella waking up from her trance of being in love with Edward and realizing that Jacob is the one for her.

One thing I must compliment Stephanie Meyer on is being able to mask 5/7 of poor romance with 2/7 of decent adventure at the end. At first, I thought it was because I'm not in this stage in life, but I dislike the characters and the books stress on superficial beauty, wealth, and power.

I rambled enough about my disdain for this series. I brought it up only because I started wondering why such a long time passed since my last blog entry, and it's because I'm such a book worm--no matter what book it is. If you're thinking about reading these books, stop. Really, don't read them. You'll save yourself a lot of personal annoyance from reading these books. Just get the short version from watching the movies (Twilight the book was better than the movie, though, as is usually the case). I'm sure they're going to capitalize on these books by filming Eclipse and Breaking Dawn.

2 comments:

Tori

I totally agree..don't read them. I was encouraged to read them and wish Tara had kept her big mouth shut! I have become obsessed and unlike you I found the entire middle 2 books totally annoying and boring as they were all about Jacob and the only story line I cared about was that b/t Bella and Edward and nothing else!!! :) How funny! I have half of Braking Dawn left and we'll talk!!!

Maricel

interesting! it must be about the story lines! i completely liked the middle books than i did the beginning and end! but, again, it's because i'm a jacob fan! :) hope you like the rest of the book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...