Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Promises

I've always been a lover for fortune cookies. It's the best part of my meal when I eat at Chinese restaurants. There's something magical about cracking that cookie open and reaching for that small piece of paper that predicts your future or shares a bit of wisdom.

I was so happy when I discovered that Dove decided to mix my love for dark chocolate with words of inspiration. Since I've decided to cut back on indulging in my Dove Bars, I treat myself to a piece--sometimes two or three--of Dove Promises practically every night.

"Believe in yourself." -Dove Promises Message

Oh, boy, was this something I needed to unwrap and believe. It's been quite some time now that
I've been saying I'll probably start up Sweet Posy Designs, but I've been hesitating and it's mostly because I'm not as confident in my work as I would like to be. I tend to compare my designs and ideas to other artists and think that their work is better or that I won't end up selling any of my work. My friend had to remind me that every one has their own style and that I do have great designs. So when I unwrapped this chocolate candy, I thought it was life giving me a message. As I shared earlier, I finally decided to take the plunge this past weekend and set up shop on Etsy. Even though I only have two designs up right now, I'll get there, I just have to believe in myself.

And on the topic of Dove Promise, you can send an e-promise to a friend! There are many different themes: friendship, love, hope, inspiration, confidence, indulge, attitude, and life. You can even create your own message! Plus, Dove partnered with Susan G. Komen to capture the strength, compassion, and voice of women who have overcome the battle in their own lives. Breast cancer survivors can log on and enter their own words of hope and inspiration, and these emotional messages will be transferred onto the Dove chocolate wrappers in an effort to spread breast cancer awareness. Spread the word--the program lasts only until November 30, 2008. Hopefully they extend it or just make it an ongoing program!

3 comments:

shawna [of styleberryBLOG]

it can be so scary going out on your own...i know! what keeps me going is the thought that there are so many artists to learn from and if there wasn't anyone better than me, I wouldn't have any way to learn. Maybe that will help?? You have support! Congrats on having the courage to do this!! Nat many people do. =)

Lisa @ Serah's

I completely understand. Starting out can be really scary. You're your own worst critic but just keep your head up and remember you can always get the support you need from a lot of the encouraging women like the ones I've found on the web.

Tori

I now get this becuase I have been doing the same thing...saying I'll probably compete someday but never committing. It's hard to take the plunge...for me because I was afraid I'd fail. BUT, I'm taking the plunge and I'll do my best and I think that in itself isn't failing, right?? We'll see. Kudos to you for having the GUTS to take the plunge, give it your all and your best and you will do GREAT!!! Good luck and I can't wait to watch you in your journey and see where you go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...